We LOVE pasta and we’re always searching for new tasty sauces. Any Google search will provide thousands of pasta recipes but if you’re dairyfree with a tomato allergy your options just went to olive oil or plain and no one wants to eat plain pasta. This recipe is a hit with our family and hopefully it will be a new go-to for you.
It’s easy, quick and has something for everyone.
- 1 box angel hair pasta (we use Wegmans organic brand)
- 4 tablespoons nondairy butter (we use Earth Balance Olive Oil)
- 2 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 onion
- 1 cup dry white wine (any kind, or you can use chicken broth)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (we use Wegmans organic brand)
- 2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound shrimp (without tails and deveined. we use frozen)
- 2 bell peppers (we used yellow & green)
- 2 cups fresh spinach (we used Wegmans brand organic)
- 1 cup coconut milk (We use So Delicious Original Flavor)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup water
Chop garlic. Add garlic and nondairy butter to large sauce pan. Heat on medium until butter is melted and garlic is soft. Cut peppers and onions into strips. Add peppers and onions to sauce pan. Add 1/2 cup water and cover. Cook for 7 minutes on medium. Defrost shrimp and wash. Wash spinach.
Add shrimp, lemon juice, wine, sugar, salt, peppers, coconut milk and spinach to sauce pan. Cook for 5 minutes uncovered. Stir. Add pasta to boiling water and cook for 3 minutes. Drain pasta and add a little olive oil to keep from sticking.