There’s nothing better on a cold winter day than a warm stew. Unfortunately, if you’re dairyfree finding a tasty, creamy anything can be a challenge. We’ve tried out a lot of different combinations and so far this is recipe is our favorite.
It’s rich, creamy, super easy and makes enough for leftovers.
- 3 pieces of chicken breast (approximately 1 pound)
- 1 carton of organic chicken broth (or free range chicken broth)
- 1 bag of baby carrots
- 1 small bag of mini potatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic (wet kind in jar)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup coconut milk (we use So Delicious Original Flavor)
- 1 cup water (if Roux is too thick)
- 2 tablespoon dairyfree butter (we use Earth Balance Olive Oil)
Set Chicken aside, while you make your Roux. (After the Chef tastes it) For the Roux, melt dairyfree butter on medium, add coconut milk then stir in flour and mix until a creamy consistency. If too thick add water. Add roux, chicken and spices to crockpot.