If you are dairyfree, you already know how hard it is to find a yummy soup. This recipe is perfect for soup lovers. It’s super simple and mighty tasty, you won’t even miss the cream!
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 cup coconut milk (no flavor. We use So Delicious original)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon wet minced garlic (from the jar)
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar (we use Wegmans organic brand)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
Coat squash with olive oil and garlic
Spread out on baking sheet and bake at 375 until tender (usually about 30 mins. Fork will stick through with ease)
Here’s where the fun begins…. We just got our first immersion blender but if you don’t have one you can just throw everything in the blender. For the immersion blender put everything in a bowl or add to the blender, add coconut milk, brown sugar and red pepper. BLEND
Now if your soup is a little too thick for you (all depends on how big the squash is) add more milk. Start with a little and add as needed.
For a little extra flavor you can dice up some chives or green onion and throw on top. Carson prefers it without.